Thursday, July 1, 2010

I have no camera and thus no fun pictures..I blame the dog

So I have lost my camera. That means no cool pics for the blog this week. Somewhere there is a red camera in my house. I am a bit skeptical about finding it. Last time I lost my Ipod I never found it. I think it is possible that my lab ate it. He eats everything else so it seems possible!

In the winter I always enjoy talking to my friends who do not live in the sub-tropics. As they freeze we still stroll around in short. It is hot now but in a tropical kind of way. So burning hot but a cool breeze. By evening it is still hot but you can sit outside and it is pleasant. These days though we pretty much spend 60% of our time in the pool trying to keep cool.

The family is leaving for Cocoa Beach tomorrow. In 2007 I bought a timeshare and I have never looked back. Each year I take my family for a week there and we love it. Everyone always warned me about timeshares but really this one works fine for me. Since I really don't have a big desire to go anywhere but the property I bought into I have never had a problem reserving the week I want.

During much of my childhood my family spent a week each summer at the beach. Now I have recreated that only in Cocoa! It is funny how you end up picking certain memories from your childhood and relive them with your family.

Anyway I just wanted to document something!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I often wondered if I wouldn't be quite satisfied with a time share too. As it is, I just stay home...for the most part.

Ian said...

I really enjoy our timeshare. I heard a lot of bad stories about time shares but they are mostly around people who are trying to trade their "home" timeshare for another one and can't find availability. I bought mine really intending to spend my week there so it works fine for me. I am religious about calling in at midnight 365 days before the week I want and I have never had a problem getting my week. So I love it. I can also rent it out for my week if I decide I don't want to use it.