Saturday, February 13, 2010

If there were no women in the world






Today was my birthday. This year I am telling people I am 38 I think. I usually pick a somewhat random age to tell people I am each year. It has to be believable and of course not be my real age. I was once 41 for two years running!

I grew up in a household with a large number of children. So really birthdays were the one day you got 100% attention. It is funny because to me birthdays are hugely important. On the other hand, the Wife grew up with only one brother. She totally does not see why your birthday is so important. We had a huge argument early in our marriage because one year she tried to completely skip my birthday!

The pictures above were taken during the cake eating event that occurred in my house this evening. The Wife was upstairs at the time and would have been completely mortified to witness what was going on!

As we had fun eating cake I suddenly starting thinking about what the world would be like with only dads and no moms. I think that it would be a different place! There would:

1) Be no forks or spoons. Probably no plates either. Only bowls and a whole lot of slurping as we downed our food.

2) Be only 4 types of stores in the world. Hardware, Food, Clothes and everything else. And the stores would be called "The Hardware Store, The Food Store, The Clothes store and Walmart".

3) Inflatable furniture that you could clean with a hose

4) Be two types of shoes - white and black

5) Be no such things as clothes that matched. it would be perfectly acceptable to wear vibrant orange and red together.


4 comments:

julian said...

#3 LOVE IT
#5 In my house, that is the rule. Wear what makes ya feel pretty. So there are lots of days with red, and stripes, and paisley, and many, many days tap shoes complete the outfit!!

The Expatresse said...

I knew a guy in college who used Frisbees as plates/bowls. It actually made sense.

It IS the Dad's job to do these silly things!

Nicole said...

OMG... The corruption of Ana has begun!Ha!
Ava loves to eat with no flatwear and loves to slurp up melted ice cream too! She actually wore a mac and cheese noodle in her hair to bed two nights ago! But do not tell anyone!
Tell your little woman that we need to talk this week!
Nicole

kanishk said...

Probably no plates either. Only bowls and a whole lot of slurping as we downed our food.

antalya homes