Friday, February 5, 2010

What a difference a family makes



When we met
her she was
quiet and scared.


She did not laugh much and she just sadly looked at us. This beautiful, abandoned child.



She had people to watch her but it
was just a job for them.



When we took her home she owned nothing. We
had to bring her clothes to come home in.




Now she laughs all the time.

She dances and hugs. Sings and runs.


When I pick her up
she tells everyone around us
"That's my daddy!"

I saw on the web someone who asked
"How can you love someone else's
child?"

I can't get the answer out of my head. "She is not someone else's
child. She is my child"

Everyone should have room to love just
one more child. A child who needs you.


147millionorphans.com



7 comments:

The Expatresse said...

She is so lovely. You all must love her so.

Annie said...

Oh, you made me get all teary. I feel so absolutely the same way.

One time I was with a bunch of moms sharing labor and delivery stories, and my mouth was literally open to share my story about Anastasia's birth when....to my surprise that memory slot was empty! Only then did I remember - I wasn't there!

Maybe it is harder for men. I don't know. But you and your daughter are surely blessed.

Over-Caffeinated said...

oooooh, Ian, I LOVE THIS POT!!!!

Ian said...

Thanks for sharing Ondrea. We all have our own ways for surviving 4 children :-)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Your pictures tell the story so well ... watching the light grow in our children's eyes as they understand love is a true gift ... thanks for the 147 plug ... we are truly helping a lot of families right now raise the RANSOM for their adoption ... blessings to you !!

Nicole said...

I finaly got my Ana fix!!!
You did not tell me you had a new blog!!
She looks so grown up and beautiful!
Nic

Nicole said...

Okay as I read on it is Ian that has a new blog!!!!
Love it!
You go proud daddy!
Nicole