Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A and RP

















It is very interesting (to say the least) to be raising another set of children. My oldest are 14 and 11 and now my two youngest are 3 and 2. So basically two generations (though same wife just in case you are wondering). I would like to think I have gotten better at the whole dad thing but who knows.

I do like how my 3 and 2 year old play together. The 3 year spread between the first two was just enough so that they were never really the buddies I thought they would be. As you can see from the picture, the two youngest seem to spend all thier time together. That does not mean they are always nice to each other though! On more than one occassion I will see A look around and, convinced that no one can see him, reach out and whack his sister for no reason.

But most of the time they play well together. RP has integrated into the family and now holds her own with the all the boys. C1 is completely smitted with her. He is a bit of a softy though like any teenager he wants you to think he is tough as nails. C2 basically ignores her though he is not above picking her up every once and awhile.

It will be interesting to see how things change now that we are moving. I spent the last 16 years travelling for my company. I was out every Monday and back Thursday or Friday. Now I have switched to a new job where I no longer have to travel at all. So first the first time in their lives they will have dad there everyday. If I had to make a guess things will be a bit more stable for them. My wife is not a habitual person but I am. Her tendency towards chaos was only made worse by having to raise all these kids without me around. I think the kids are going to find that dad is much more predicable. I like to follow patterns and I am going to expect them to follow them with me. So it should be interesting to say the least!

No comments: