Friday, June 5, 2009

My favorite picture


This is my favortie picture of my wife. It was taken while my wife was trying on a traditional Indian dress in a store in Mumbai. Personally I think she looks HOT in it though after 18 years of marriage I am sure she would roll her eyes if I actually told her that.

My wife dated a frat brother of mine when we were in college. She was always just one of the girlfriends that I was somewhat aware of but did not pay a lot of attention to (since they were not my girlfriend). I actually used to have an old, old picture of both of us at a party. We both graduated and went our separate ways.

Two years after I graduated from collage a friend of mine invited me to her child's kindergarten fair. I think I was the token male since she was a single mom and needed someone to bring. I ended up working in a kindergarten booth at the fair with this little blond teacher (she is 5'2" and I am 6'4"). Sure enough we figured out it was the same girl that used to date my frat brother. We ended up out at that night with another male friend of mine. I had not so much luck since she seemed far more interested in my male friend than in me. The night ended and once again we went different ways.

A week later she called me out of the blue. Apparently she was trying to play hard to get before and I was just clueless. We started talking and talking and talking. Then dating and dating and dating. Two months later I asked her to marry me. Ten months later we were married. That was 17 years ago and four children so I guess things worked out! I love her and for some reason she puts up with me!




1 comment:

Ron and Dinia said...

Ian,

Really sweet post about how you and Michelle met, and you are right she looks great in the Indian dress.