Monday, June 1, 2009

Most productive Teenager ever


 C1 has a serious paintball obsession. At first I thought it was just sort of a fad and then it kept lasting longer and longer. Finally I had to admit that my oldest son is really hooked on this game. He now plays for a real team and gets better everytime I watch him. It is funny how it sometimes takes time for you to realize your child has developed a skill that you did not teach him. One day I watched him play 5 people (1 on 5) and beat them all. Of course only my teenager would develop a skill set that is only really useful in the military!
 This weekend he decided that he wanted to play in a tournement. We were actually supposed to be packing our house for the move to South Florida. So jokingly I told him that if we packed the attic and moved our storage shed then I would take him to the paintball field for the tournement. 
  I spent the next 8 hours in agony. For the first time in my life my 14 year old pushed me on and on to get the work done. Every break I took was with an impatient teenage hovering over the old man waiting for me to be done! I seriously thought this was the end. 
 For the first time I begin to have hope that my seriously undermotiviated teenager may actually grow into someone who does productive things like graduate from college and get a job. I saw a glimpse of the man he may become. Now if I can just figure out how to make him do it again!

P.S. In the end he did get to go to his tournement.


1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

Could West Point be in his future?